Thursday 25 February 2016

Clever Masking- Creating A 'Planted' Feel



Hello there and happy Thursday! It's Lydia here with you today sharing with you a card I made with my favourite set from the new Lawn Fawn release.... Rooting For You.

I am just loving how cute these little veg people are! And that there is a little cheek stamp soyou can give them rosy cheeks is genius.



 To create the look like they are popping up out of the ground I firstly added a strip of masking tape to my card blank, I did this so I could stamp the veg a little over the tape so this part would not be visible when I removed the tape. To stamp the veg I used lots of awesome inks from the store, the new MFT inks are amazing at this solid stamping.

So once I had stamped all of the solid and detail images that go to make the images up I then removed the piece of masking tape, and moved it up so it was on the same line but this time covering the stamped veg. I then blended some brown ink over the tape to get and impression of dirt. To finish I added a sentiment from the set.

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hugs Lydia x

Rooting For You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team