Monday 22 February 2016

Fintastic News!!

Hello there :)

With the arrival of all the Lawn Fawn goodness at the end of last week, I wanted to share a new home card I made using Lawn Fawns Fintastic Friends stamp set....


This was one of those ideas that popped into my head and I couldn't wait to get it made ;) .... I'm also happy to say it turned out exactly as I had imagined (which isn't always the case).

As you can see from the pictures, this little goldfish is quite happy swimming about in his bowl shaped home....


..... but the hole in the front allows him to magically move to a large tank when you open the card :)


Ta-Dahhhhh!!

The sentiment has been made using Smitty's ABC's and the word Fintastic 
which is from the fish stamp set.


  • To make the card I started by stamping the bowl and accessories on the card front and then die cut the hole before colouring, remember to open the card out flat before you colour ;)
  • Then I stamped the fish through the hole onto the inside of the card so I knew it would be in the correct place. 
  • All I needed to do then was add the large tank around the fish on the inside of the card and colour that too :)
  • I kept my colouring simple so I could keep the blues the same from front to inside and I carefully ran the blue marker around the inside edge of the hole to cover any white halo :)

To help balance the image and sentiment on the front of the card I used a strip of washi tape over the fold of the card... a patterned paper strip would work just as well :)

                                    

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x



7 comments:

  1. This is so brilliantly clever! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooooo cool Jenny! Amzing idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a clever card! Just love it, such fun and vibrant colours, brought a smile to my face x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! I've got this set - will have to try this! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE; LOVE LOVE this card! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team