Friday 26 February 2016

Space Bear walk.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got a little galaxy action going on...


Using those brilliant Space Bears from Mama Elephant.


These Bears are so fun!  I mean, what's not to love about a bear in Space helmet?!  So I decided to take them on a little space walk...
I started by creating my galaxy background.  I purposely made it a little more pastel by using a lot of grey on top of my purple, blue and yellow ink, with only a teeny bit of black as I didn't want it to feel too imposing.  I added a load of white and shimmery splats and splodges and left to dry.  I stamped my bears onto watercolour card and twice each onto vellum to create their helmets.  I coloured my bears using my Zig Clean Colour Brush pens and fussy cut, cutting off their  helmets (ouch) on the card, but only cutting out the helmets on the vellum...you with me?  I then adhered my helmets back onto my bears using the almighty Stick-it.
I created a planet base by cutting an oval and water coloured it with a mix of Distress Ink.  I added a black frame using Mama Elephant's Index Card Creative Cuts and stamped my sentiments, from the same cool Space Bear set, onto light grey card, in black, clear heat embossed, and cut into little banners.


Then for the fun bit...building my scene.  I used some bright yellow twine for my space rope...ok ok, I know it's not called space rope...but it is today...and tied to each Bear's hand, keeping it in place by adding a dab of wet glue.  My bears are kept in place with foam pads, and I added a load of stars I made using stick-it covered in silver glitter, cut using Mama Elephant's Confetti die, to my background.


And there you have it...Space Bears on a Space walk...now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say haha.

As always, everything is linked below, and I shall see y'all next week.

Jillx

Space Bears Stamp  Index Card Creative Cuts Image 1  
Confetti Creative Cuts Die Image 1  Stick It - LARGE

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this! The vellum helmets are brilliant, and the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card - I particularly love the background - looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team