Thursday 20 September 2018

Bitty Circles

I've got a couple of cards today using Bitty Burst from Concord and 9th - I love this set for creating easy backgrounds and it's a very forgiving mini-turnabout so you can use it with or without a stamping platform (you can actually use all the turnabouts without a platform - its just easier to get good results with one). 

I decided to stamp it entirely in blues so used 4 shades and to me that looked a lot like when you get circles of insects on water so I thought it would be a good background for some dragonflies - we've had some stunning ones in our new garden this summer now we're on the edge of the countryside.  So I inked up MFT's Fluttering Friends and set about painting them with my cosmic shimmer paints to get that real dragonfly shimmer.


Once dry I cut them with the co-ordinating dies and used foam tape to pop them over the "water".   I added a simple circular sentiment to the centre using  Reverse Confetti's Circle Wishes.


Whilst I had it out I did a similar background in greens and blues to emphasise a central sentiment - this time from Neat and Tangled.  The Celebrate You die has two parts so I decided to go for double glitter to really make it pop - the background is graphite glittler, the words silver both from Concord and 9th's Neutrals Glitter pack.  It's really easy to layer up and then once mounted on the card the bitty burst becomes confetti and would work with lots of word dies!

That's all from me today - Taheerah will be here tomorrow and I'll be back on Sunday.

Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team