Wednesday 26 September 2018

Witching You the Best Day Ever

Hello, Tallie here. I've had this set for a good long time and it's finally a good time to share it over on the Seven Hills Crafts blog today! I don't celebrate Halloween but I couldn't help but colour this cute little witch in the guise of my favourite Quidditch playing witch!


I started out by stamping the witch from the MFT Witch Way is the Candy set in some MFT Grout Grey Hybrid Ink. I brought out my alcohol markers for some no-line colouring! This one was quite a challenge to get the folds and shading right - I admit too looking at many other sample cards before I started mine. I finished up by using a brown coloured pencil to add the eyes, nose and mouth details and a white pencil to add a few more highlight details. I fussy cut her out.


This witch needed a bright and bold background to help set the scene. I'm imagining her walking back from the Quidditch pitch one night after training when the moon was full and high. I inked up an A6 panel with some Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inks, splattering on some clean clear water to simulate stars in the night sky. On another panel I inked some Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks. I also inked up a moon die cut with an MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Dienamic with some Antique Linen and a small bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I cut the green panel with a Lawn Fawn Simple Grassy Hillside Lawn Cut die.


After adhering the panel to a top-folding A6 card base, I white heat embossed the sentiment from the MFT Witch Way is the Candy set onto a strip of black cardstock and adhered it along the bottom.
A striking card that my HP-loving friend will surely love!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Tallie, I have this set and I'm not very good at colouring and shading, so I can refer to your example for inspiration :) Love the colour scheme you've used as well, very firey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team