Thursday 13 September 2018

Watercolour Cloud Birthday Cake Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

Watercolour is a trend that seems to have been around FOREVER. Do we even get to call it a trend anymore - or it is just a classic? *wink*

Whatever it is, I never get tired of finding new ways to use it! Whether it's the star of the show or a subtle detail, I just love playing with it!

I pulled out a stamp set I've been waiting for ages to play with - the Flora & Fauna Birthday set - and finally gave it a play!


Funky right? I'm totally digging this!


Black with pops of colour is one of my go-to styles, so I decided to put a bit of a spin on watercolouring and use it as an accent, with clouds of colour emanating from the cake. It's very easy to create this kind of look. After stamping the image, I painted some clouds with just clean water. I then added dabs of colour and let the water do the work to blend the colours!


I added a little of glitter onto the flowers and butterfly on the cake then covered them in Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew. This is out of stock at the moment but the Nuvo Crystal Glaze gives pretty much the same effect!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team