Sunday 2 September 2018

Dreaming of Snowflakes

It's been another hot and humid weekend here with unseasonably high temperatures and as we are the house of lurgy too, I've sitting dreaming of a cold snap to kill off all the germs!   So I decided to play with some new Hero Arts products with a snowflake theme.

My first 3 cards use the same Snowflakes and Ornaments dies which is the most delicate and gorgeous thing but cuts beautifully.  First off I went really simple with just the die cut from glitter paper and a sentiment and few more snowflakes stamped into it in, no surprise, teal!



The sentiment is from The Wonder and Magic of Christmas and the snowflake from Sending Warm Hogs.

Next I stuck with the piggies and die cut the bauble in pink and sat the little piggie with this pink hat (see I can do something not teal sometimes!) in the middle.  To give my sentiment a little extra weight I stamped it twice in 2 shades of pink, off-setting it just a teeny-tiny bit to the darker shades makes it look 3D.


Then I wanted to use it as frame rather than a bauble which is very easy.  I just chopped off the bauble loop and sat it inside a circular frame so I could colour blend the background into a polar scene onto which I could sit my little baby polar bear.  I cut the sentiment from the same Polar Greetings set in half so I could stamp it above and below the frame to give it balance.   The icy snowflake frame really makes the card feel frosty.


Finally I switched from circular snowflakes to borders of them with the new Snowflake Edge Fancy Die.  I thought it would be the perfect thing for the deer in The Wonder and Magic of Christmas to leap over.   I went monochrome with silver glitter paper for the die and silver embossing for the deer and the matching sentiment.


Hope you're feeling nice and chilly now!

Tara





NEWS FROM THE STORE
  • My Favorite Things have moved their releases back a little so release is now 10am EDT which is 3pm in the UK on British Summer Time (2pm) when the clocks go back in a few weeks.   So that will be your regular UK release time to keep an eye out for.   We only get to order a few days in advance, so this sometimes means parcels don't clear customs in time for us to open, process and load the delivery.  This month we should be on time.
  • Wplus9 have a new release - it shipped on Friday so we should have it mid-week.
  • Waffle Flower's latest release shipped on Friday - again should be here mid-week.
  • Reverse Confetti have a release next week - we have our order in and just waiting a shipping date.
  •  Neat and Tangle also have a release pending, again we're waiting on it to ship. 
  • Stamping Bella's awesome new release is on order, again pending a shipping date.
  • Concord and 9th have another corking release on the 9th.  That brand never ships before release so we normally expect it around the 15th of each month.
  • Mama Elephant's Christmas release will be in store on the 15th.
  • We'll have Lawn Fawn restocks in September too - no date yet - watch this space.
  • We're hoping to try and fit in ordering some other brands this month too but it all takes time so we'll update if and when we manage to do anything outside of the normal monthly cycle which is already very difficult for me to manage time wise.  We're increasing staff hours to free me up a little to do this but delegation requires training time and that is hard to fit in too!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bauble die and great samples. Thank you.
    Looking forward to Altenew restocks in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, if you're looking at adding new brands, The Stamp Market would be my current top favourite - stylish, modern and very design-led. Lovely cards too and I love the Hero Arts Christmas offerings. Hope you are all feeling better too, it would be a shame to miss out on all the sunshine. Hugs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team