Thursday 27 September 2018

Just Because it's Autumn

Hello... yes it's Jenny back again this week as I've swapped with Taheera and I have 
a couple of autumnal cards... a twofer one...


I've used the Thankful Leaves Turnabout and stamped a pattern onto a piece of 6x6 kraft card using Distress Oxides. Instead of keeping one colour to one leaf or turn, I've multi inked the leaves so they're a rainbow of autumnal colours. I then cut five strips from around the edges of the large piece and adhered them to the card at different heights.


To make the water-coloured leaf embellishments I took the turnabout and stamped the
 three large leaves again in multi distress inks and heat embossed them with clear 
powder on watercolour card. The sentiment and banner comes from the Just Because die set.

I trimmed down the remaining piece of leafy cardstock and used the frame from the Just Because dies to cut 
out a central panel. I love how this die cuts a narrow frame so I layered it with another 
frame and adhered it inside the aperture.


I used the remaining two watercoloured leaves and then a sentiment from
 Altenew's Signature Words die.... that raised frame just adds an extra dimension to the aperture :)


Those colours are just gorgeous.... can you tell Autumn is my favourite season :)

  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team