Wednesday 5 September 2018

Hmmmmm..

Hello, it's Tallie here. I've been waiting to share this card for a while and the good news is that the Hero Arts Hummingbirds set is now back in stock! My Nan loves hummingbirds so this was a special card designed for her. It's such a versatile set for any medium!


I started off by stamping out a bunch of the hummingbirds from the Hero Arts Hummingbirds set in some Versafine Black Onyx ink onto some watercolour card. After heat setting the ink to make sure it was dry, I used my watercolours (Gansai Tambi) to colour them in. I had to use several layers to build up the depth of colour, making sure there were no water blooms in odd places. I set this aside to dry naturally before cutting them out with my Scan N Cut, though there are coordinating dies available.


On a separate A6 panel of watercolour card that I taped down to a board, I created a simple burst of colour using three shades of blue. I added some more layers and a few ink splatters to give more interest. Once dry, I cut the panel down so I could mount it on a black top-folding A6 card base. I then used some foam tape to mount the birds and flowers onto the background panel.

I kept the sentiment simple, clear heat embossing the 'hmmmmmm...' sentiment I stamped in black ink in the bottom right corner.


I had so much fun making this that I made another one in some warmer colours. It's interesting how the colours pop!

Change up the sentiment and you have a card for all occasions.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team