Wednesday 12 September 2018

Floating Watercolour Wishes

Hello, Tallie here, with some watercolour inspiration!

When I saw that Avery Elle had released this Floating Wishes set, I immediately thought of watercolour and metallics!


I started with an A2 watercolour cardstock panel die cut with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle. I arranged the celebrate sentiment and balloon from the Floating Wishes set to the right hand side, stamping it with some Versamark ink and silver heat embossing. I also used a couple of stars from some of the new Christmas sets to balance out the white space. Once cool, I taped the panel to a board and let a wash of clean water soak into the paper for a minute before dabbing on some purple and pinks from my Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolour paints. I built up the colour in layers, avoiding the centre of the balloon and stars. I also splattered on some paint spatters with a paintbrush.


Once the background was dry, I used my metallic Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolour paints in silver to highlight the balloon and stars. A few splatters of the silver over the background helped to pull the metallic in across the panel.


A simple card design that is fun to create and customise in any colour. I created another card using the 'thank you' sentiment with some turquoise blues!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team