Monday 1 October 2018

21st Birthday Fireworks Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Monday!

I had a 21st birthday card to make for a special someone. What else would be appropriate than a shaped card and to break out the fireworks!


Awesome, right?! I love how this turned out!


I drew the shape of the card and fussy cut it. The card is double the size of a normal American A2 card so I cut some 'flaps' on the back piece to adhere the front of the card to it.


Then it was time to dress this baby up! I broke out the My Favorite Things Fireworks stamp set and stamped and heat embossed the fireworks and stars with a mix of white, gold and sparkly gold embossing powders!


I blended some navy and turquoise inks over the heat embossing then spritzed over some iridescent gold Glimmer Mist. I spritzed on some water to lessen the intensity of the mist, then ink blended again. The end result is shimmery when looking at an angle and catching the light, but a wonderful multi-layered depth of colour overall!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team