Thursday 25 October 2018

Good Vibes Autumnal Plaid Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

It's only really when Halloween approaches do I start to think it's 'Autumn'. Obviously I noticed the seasons change a little while back when the temperature started dropping and the leaves started falling, but there's something about the end of October drawing near that really drives it home.

When I start to detect that chill in the air my thoughts immediately turn to feeling cosy, with warm blankets, favourite jumpers and Autumnal colours and fashions grabbing my attention. Case in point - plaid!

I love plaid for its versatility. By just changing up the colours or even their proportions and position it can create a totally different look. And what better way to experiment with that than a customisable plaid builder stamp! There was one released just recently - the Concord & 9th Happy Plaids Stamp set - that I just couldn't wait to put to use!


Gorgeous, right?! I love how this turned out!


I built up my plaid pattern with a very seasonal mix of yellows, oranges, browns and even a little touch of grey-green! The stamp set made it a breeze to create my own patterns. I can't wait to experiment with more looks!


When my stamping was complete, I blended some yellow ink over the whole thing to tie everything together, then splattered on some water droplets and mist droplets to create a more 'worn' look. I used a white gel pen to draw on the fine line after re-stamping some of the stripes.


I pulled out the Concord & 9th Fill-in Phrases set and heat embossed my sentiment using black embossing powder. I love all the details of this card - I even stamped my design onto letterpress cardstock so that it would have a 'fabric' texture to it!




I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Love it! I love plaid too and this is fabulous! The autumn colours are simply beautiful. I've just bought the stamp set and am having loads of fun trying out different combinations and patterns. I wouldn't have thought of adding the white gel pen stripe, though. Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    PS. Your card would fit perfectly with our October challenge at Stamping Sensations http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/10/october-shades-of-autumn.html where our theme is "Shades of Autumn".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team