Saturday 6 October 2018

Happy Birthday, Foxy!

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Sometimes I buy stamp sets just for one image! Please tell me I am not the only one. It was the case with My Favorite Things' Woodland Friends. Don't get me wrong all the critters in the set are super cute but the fox is the one that made me buy it. I fell in love - instantly and head over heels.


So when I made a card of course I had t use the fox and I wanted him to be the star of the show. That's why I decided to go with a simple layout for my card.

I started by die cutting one of My Favorite Things' Inside and Out Stitched Square dies from dark grey cardstock. The image was stamped with My Favorite Things' Extreme Black Hybrid ink and coloured with coloured pencils. To make the colours more vibrant I first lay down a layer of a light colour and do then the rest of the colouring.

For that certain something I add some highlights with a white gel pen and to deepen the eyes I use a black one.


For the sentiment I went with one of my favourite sets: Lawn Fawn's Reveal Wheel Sentiments. I like this set because it has a lot of small classic sentiments in it and it doesn't work just with the reveal wheel. I stamped it on a stripe of turqoise cardstock and cut it into a banner. The same cardstock I used for the cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team