Saturday 13 October 2018

Happy Birthday, Sweetest Pea

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Sweetest Pea is the name of the very pretty stamp set by Altenew I used on today's card. Well, the flowers on my card doesn't really look very realistic, very much artistic freedom involved. But that's what makes crafting so much fun, isn't it.



I started by stamping and heat embossing in white each and every flower in this set on a piece of watercolour paper. Then I coloured the images in with watercolours. I chose three colours (yellow, orange and pink), filled the sections of the flowers with water and dipped my brush with a little bit of colour in the water. I kept ot to the edge and let the waterdo the work. This way the colours blended into eachother and I got that random look.
For the background I went with grey to make the flowers pop and a subtle shade of green for the leaves.
When the piece was dry I die cut a rectangle from it using Waffle Flowers' Lacy Layers.

For the sentiment I die cut Sugar Pea Designs' You Word Sugar Cut from grey cardstock matching the background of my watercolour piece. I die cut the You several times to stack them up.


I found a tiny Happy Birthday to You in Newton's Nook's Winged Wishes. I stamped it on a stripe of pink cardstock and heat embossed it in white.
To highlight the sentiment more I cut a stripe of vellum and glued both parts of the sentiment to it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


      
   

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Anni this card is so beautiful and I love your colour pallete. Have a wonderful weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your artistic freedom on your stunning sweet pea card...Just love the vibrancy of it x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team