Sunday 28 October 2018

Floating Angel

I fell hook line and sinker for this new Angel Wings set from Neat and Tangled - I just love the coy angel with her hands behind her back, her bold sister is cute too but I just loved her shy look.  I decided to make a really simple card and have her floating in a window on it.


I stated with the background adding some sequin stars from my stash around a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Holiday Messages to keep it all really simple.  I die cut a frame from foam and some subtle patterned paper and set it aside whilst I concentrated on the Angel.


She was coloured with copics in soft blue-greens and then I added lots of fine glitter to her wings and halo.  I die cut her with the co-ordinating die and cut a second plain white die cut to aid the floating element.  I simply added a loop of white sewing cotton between the two die cut layers and sandwiched the other end of the cotton between the paper and foam layers of the frame.  This allows her to float and swing by keeping her a little off the front of the base card.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

The MFT penguins we ordered sold out in under 2 hours even though we bought a lot - obviously more popular that we guessed for a new designer, so we managed to dive back in and buy more before MFT sold out - they should be here by Tuesday customs willing!   Use the out of stock notification system to be told the second they arrive back - just add your email (make sure you type it correctly) to the box on any out of stock item and the system emails you as soon as we get it back.

The new oxide colours have shipped from Ranger so will be in store this week - not sure what day yet - all depends on customs clearance - watch our Facebook Page for news of its arrival.

Avery Elle restocks should be here early this week too.

We have some new papers and stencils from Echo Park which will be in store on Monday.

That's for today.

Happy Crafting

Tara






2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! I'm not sure how I overlooked the Angels stamp set when they first came in, but they're going to have to go on my (very long) wish list now that I've seen your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team