Monday 15 October 2018

In the Mountains

Hi there, it's Jenny with you on this Monday morning and I've got a wintery card for you today that opens to reveal pop up scenery....


Oh my goodness!! isn't this Ski Holiday set from Hero Arts just such fun and so different!! Having just had a holiday in Switzerland enjoying the mountain views and cable cars, I couldn't resist making  a pop up scene using the Inside Arch dies from Mama Elephant.


I've used the two mountain stamps in the set to make a range using a combination of selective inking and masking... making sure they would hide the arch shape of the interactive dies. These are quite simple shapes so easy to cut around and leave a border. 



I've used metallic thread to make the cable car wire and attached it at both ends so the cars dangle in the mountain scenery. The trees are stamped in clusters using masking and attached to the small tabs from the die set.... here's a photo to show how I positioned the scenery elements..


My two top tips are:
* Make sure you check the height of the elements and whether they will protrude from the card when closed! The mountains are higher than the arch so I needed to position them lower down the centre fold of the card.
* I found it easier to lightly position the arch die cut then adhere one side before closing the card to adhere the opposite base flap... that way you know your card will fold correctly.

I made a simple wrap to slip over the card front which helps keep it closed for posting and also adds to the surprise inside..


I just used the Scalloped Circle frames to make a simple stamped and coloured scene for the front... I haven't included a sentiment for the moment... not really sure it needs one!


I'm wishing I was back in the mountains now

         

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

NEWS FROM THE STORE

I'm hacking the end of Jenny's post to bring you the update I couldn't bring yesterday.  Unfortunately my new laptop had a catastrophic hard disk failure over the weekend and we are going to have to send it back to the manufacturer as nothing we tried all weekend helped.  Thankfully we managed to get the old faulty one fixed enough to get working today but it's all a bit frantic here whilst we play catch up.

However, we do have the latest AlteNew release so I am working on adding that today.  

Concord and 9th has also arrived so I will work on that next.

Mama Elephant's new release is out today but unfortunately we have not yet received it.  We will get it online as quickly as we can once it arrives.
 
We also hope to receive Newton's Nook and Neat and Tangled this week but we don't have an eta as yet.

Tara
 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, Jenny. I adore interactive cards. I know they are more work but for just a few special people, they are worth it.
    Sorry technology is against you, Tara! That's one thing I don't miss since being made redundant. My computer at home never throws toys out the pram like the thing I stared at 7 hours a day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team