Friday 19 October 2018

Crazy Coffee and Dino-tea

You might think I've lost the plot today with my first make - a card for coffee-loving cowboys....


The first thing I saw when I looked at the Waffle Flower Coffee Time set was a cowboy from those old western movies, the ones that strode into the saloons banging the doors open and standing there in their ponchos!   To me the coffee cup in this set is exactly that so I coloured it that way and added some eyes and an eyebrow with a marker pen.



I created the "saloon" by using the shutter die in the Mama Elephant Window Watching set and adding some extra bits to give the classic shape freehand.  I used the Small Brick Stencil to create the walls.  I used distress crayons to make a sandy floor on the background and then ink blended the sky before adding hills with the Kingdom Trio Die from grey card stock.   I wrote my sentiment by hand - my coffee take on ride 'em cowboy.

Whilst I was on a coffee theme I decided to ink up my coffee sloth from last month's Newton's Nook release.  I love coffee, sloths and puns so I think they made this set just for me!


I decided he would be perfect to make a little gift tag from so I could send a little coffee gift to a sleepy friend.  I popped the coloured and die cut sloth onto a double layered gift tag from the new Mama Elephant Scalloped Tag Trio Die set so he's on top and the sentiment on the one behind.   I also cut a third from white woodgrain textured card and used a craft knife along the perforated lines to cut out a frame for the top layer.


As much as I love coffee in the mornings, by 3 I'm all about tea - so I couldn't leave out the little tea-rex either!



I wanted to keep with the tag theme but he was too tall to fit on the same die, but using partial die-cutting it was pretty easy to lengthen the die to get a rectangle to stamp him on.  I opted to use pencil this time direct to the kraft tag - perfect to add to a nicely wrapped tea-bag to send a little drink to someone you can't share one with in person!

The new release from Newton's Nook will be live in store today and there are more punny stamps for Christmas amongst it as well as a couple of more sloths!


That's all from me today - I'll get back to getting this lot loaded to store now!

Tara






2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team