Wednesday 17 October 2018

Gingerbread Scenes

Hello, Tallie here! I have another set of Christmas cards for you today. I'm sorry to all those people who hate hearing the word before 1st December, but I have to get an early start on my cards otherwise a panic will ensue!

I have a thing for gingerbread stamps and dies. As soon as I saw the new Lawn Fawn Gingerbread Friends dies, my mind was whirring with the card possibilities! Paired with the Avery Elle Starry Scene stamp, and with a simple heat embossed sentiment, these cards are easy mass produced.


I started with an A6 top-folding heavyweight white card base. A stamp positioning tool makes this design easy to do, so I lined the Starry Scene background from up and stamped a gradient using three different colours of ink per colour combination. For the blue/teal cards, I used Lawn Fawn Fish Tank, Peacock and Merman inks. For the pink/purple cards, I used Lawn Fawn Blue Jay, Sugar Plum and Peachy Keen inks. I then stamped again in Versamark ink and clear heat embossed to get a shiny backdrop.


I heat embossed the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Merry Messages set in Silver for the blue card and rose gold for the pink/purple card.

Next came the fun part - building the gingerbread! I cut several of the base layers out from both white and kraft cardstock. I used some Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks to add some dimension to the edges of the kraft pieces. I stacked these together to give some dimension to the card. For the faces and decoration I cut these from white cardstock and coloured different pieces in with my alcohol markers. I adhered these onto the gingerbread characters with some liquid glue.


These cards were so much fun to create and I now have 10 more cards to add to my Christmas stash!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


  



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team