Sunday 9 December 2018

Baubles and Snowflakes

I've been making a Christmas banner for our dining room this weekend using a couple of dies from Concord and 9th which although released a year apart are perfectly sized to pair together for a fun bauble and snowflake banner.



I used their Ornamental and Snow Flurry dies combined with AlteNew's Caps Bold Alphabet dies which fit perfectly on the die cut shapes.


I started with the baubles and die cut 3 "spacers" from mermaid card stock using the die cut patterns that come with the Ornamental die. 

 
I then cut another 6 outline baubles as I wanted to stamp and emboss a pattern on those before adding the letters.  I used Hero Art's Holiday Floral Bold Prints background stamp and simply embossed it in copper.  (any colour combo would work - our dining room is teal, grey and copper so I just picked a scheme to match our decor.)


The easiest way to emboss the pattern is to turn your stamp upside down place the die cut shape on top and cover with a scrap of paper and rub all over.  Both sets of baubles were topped with copper die cut bauble toppers which come in the ornamental die set.

The snowflakes were simply just cut from the Pixie Dust card for a bit of sparkle and then the copper die cut letters added (I used copper mirri but you could die cut and heat emboss your elements too)


To turn it into a banner, I planned on just hanging them from ribbon with some tiny copper pegs which I KNOW I have in the house somewhere.........   However, when they failed to come out of hiding, I just used a glue dot to secure each in place instead.


I'm quite pleased with how it turned out - it's a quick make for big impact.



 
NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will have the new MFT release this week.

We will have the new release from Lawn Fawn on the 13th

We are also expecting Altenew and Hero Arts but have no eta as yet.


That's all for today - catch you later

Tara



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team