Wednesday 5 December 2018

So Many Snowmen!

Hello, Tallie here, continuing the countdown to Christmas with the Mama Elephant So Many Snowmen set. Along with the kitty set I used last week, it's a perfect set to practice your colouring. I teamed it up with the Puffy Holiday Sentiments to create this striking handmade Christmas card!


I started out by stamping the So Many Snowmen with some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock. I coloured these in with my alcohol markers, sticking to light blue-green colours for the bodies, greys for the hats and some festive greens and reds for the other accessories. I fussy cut the snowmen out and set it aside whilst I prepared the background.


Onto a white A6 card base I blended on some Distress Oxide Inks in Faded Jeans, Broken China and Tumbled Glass in a gradient. I then splattered on some watered down white acrylic paint and some silver watercolour to represent falling snow. For the sentiment, I white heat embossed the 'Have a Holly and so Jolly Christmas' sentiment from the Mama Elephant Puffy Holiday Sentiments set.


A few finishing touches with a white gel pen and some Glossy Accents on their noses, berries, heart, glasses, coffee cup and candy cane.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


 


1 comment:

  1. so cute! I'm going to feature this on the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team