Tuesday 4 December 2018

Birthday Plaid


I have another birthday card to share today - actually two cards using the same design. As a fan of typography on cards, I thought I’d try the technique of the hidden message.



I began by stamping the C&9th Plaid background on white card. I used MFT inks and then embossed the lines with silver embossing powder. 


I trimmed the panels down to fit the width of my card bases. As they weren't tall enough, I added some thin strips of black card at the top and bottom of the panels. 


I die cut the MFT Wish dienamic from the panels, keeping the letters to put back into the cards later, before adhering the panels to the card bases.


I then die cut the Wish dienamic several more times from white card. I layered these into the spaces in the panel, creating some dimension to the word, before adhering the patterned letters on the top.


I white heat embossed a sentiment from the MFT You Wow Me stamp set onto black card, then adhered this to the card underneath the die cut words.

I felt like the cards needed something to help the word show a little more. I die cut the flame from Lawn Fawn gold glitter card, adding it to the die cut words to finish the card.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

C&9th Plaid Background


MFT Wish die
LF Holiday Sparkle Cardstock


MFT You Wow Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team