Tuesday 18 December 2018

Stencil Cheers


I think stencils are a great item to have in your craft room. They are easy to store, inexpensive, and come in a variety of different styles.


Altenew have recently released some new stencils so I thought I’d use one on my card today.

I layered the Altenew Sunburst stencil over my white card base, then used some distress oxide inks in cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, and faded jeans to add colour radiating out from the centre. This takes hardly any time at all to do and the colours are easy to blend to give a lovely gradient effect.


After removing the stencil, I spritzed some water over it to get those lovely droplets.

For the sentiment, I kept things simple. I die cut the MFT Cheers dienamic three times from black card, stacking them together for a dimensional look. I used some liquid glue to attach it to the card, then finished with some enamel dots around the sentiment.


That’s all from me for 2018. I’ll be back on the blog again in the new year. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.

Gemma

Altenew Sunburst Stencil

MFT Cheers

Distress Oxide Inks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team