Sunday 2 December 2018

Have a Blitzened Christmas

I have a very dry sense of humour and I LOVE a cocktail, especially at Christmas, as my girlfriends and I always have a Christmas cocktail night out, so the new MFT Sassy Pants Holiday set had my name all over it!   I've made a couple of different options that will be the cards I sent to my girlfriends this year.

For my first one I went with 3 cocktails on a blended background across the whole of a 4 x6 landscape card.


I used two shade of blue oxide inks to blend the background and then stamped and embossed in white snowflakes (mine were from the Hero Arts Winter Silhouettes stamp but if you check out your winter stamps you'll find lots have little snowflakes hidden on them - always check your little added extras!)  I embossed my two sentiments in white to match.

To create my cocktails I used the martini glass die from MFT's Martini Time and cut several from white card and used oxides to blend a cocktail on them (masking the edges with washi tape first)

To make one cocktail look well and truly "blitzened" to match the sentiment, I used Lawn Fawn's Tiny Gift Box Deer Add-On dies to add antlers and and a cross eyed face to my final cocktail.

In the end I thought it looks a tad fussy so tried a second more simple design.  This time with just the blitzened cocktail.


This time I just stamped a background panel using the "you matter" stamp from Concord and 9th (I actually stamped it 1½ times so I could make a slightly longer panel)  I just stamped the snowflakes in white for a more muted finish and switched the sentiments to a bold Christmas red.

I think I prefer this one so will probably make more of that - I may even try a few with the wine sentiment at the top and add antlers to a wine bottle die instead.   Let me know which is your favourite......





NEWS FROM THE STORE

Not much news this week:

The only confirmed arrival is the new Waffle Flower release on 5th December which we should have for release providing customs don't hold it.

That's all for now.

Tara




1 comment:

  1. Just to be awkward I prefer the colours of the first card and the design of the second card! I like the Concord & 9th background stamp a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team