Thursday 1 August 2019

African sunset with ink blending.


Hello everyone!
 It's Thursday and I'm back with another project. 
Today's card is clean and simple, made with Hero Arts " Wild about you " stamp set and ink blending technique along with a little bit of masking.  


My first step was to create a mask. I used masking paper and my largest roll of tape ( eg. double-sided tape ) to trace a half-circle. After cutting it out, I adhered the negative part to my card front.
I also made sure that the bottom edge of the card is covered, so I wouldn't get any unwanted ink there.


For ink blending, I have chosen Distress oxides in warm yellows. I wanted to achieve the look of an African sunset.
 I decided to use "Wild about you" set from Hero Arts because of its silhouette images. They seemed perfect for what I wanted my card to look like. 
This set is packed with lots of different animals and a few great sentiments ( I'm planning to use them again soon, for simple backgrounds, stamped in different colour inks).  I stamped a few images in to piece of white paper with black ink and cut them out. 


My next step was to adhere all the images on to the background with foam squares. I definitely wanted to add some dimension here, but this would be a great design for one layer card too.
I also added a few birds - I stamped them directly on to card panel and sentiment from the same set.
 
That's it! This card was so easy and quick to make, but I love the final result! Sometimes the simple, the better. 



See you soon! Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team