Friday 23 November 2018

Christmas Stencils

I'm late to the blog today as I wanted to get the new Newton's Nook release loaded first as I've used it for my blog today as I fell in love with their new layered stencils which are just super easy to use thanks to their clever marking system!


I started with plaid - as I said these new stencils are layered so you get two stencils per pack to create layered patterns.  Here I used one once to create the background squares in firefly green ink from the new Altenew Green Valley set.  I then used the "lined" layer twice.  The stencils are very clever as they have "scored" them so you can line them up perfectly every time - with the lines one there are little cubes so you line those up over the green cubes and the stencil is placed perfectly straight - that's what I did with the red lines (using oxide ink).  You can however then turn the stencil and ignore the squares to get extra lines to give a different plaid pattern - which is what I did with the gold which is embossed.  So all inks work perfectly with the stencils

To finish the card I used the Season's Greetings Die from Lil' Inker Designs cut once from green and once from gold for a double layered shadow sentiment.

For the second card I switched to the argyle stencil which again has similar score lines so is super easy to line up.  I went with a simple two layer design using the same green and red inks as before, but you can double up both stencils to fill the page.


To finish the card this time I went with the new Christmas Haul stamp and used just shades of red, green and gold to colour the present-laden lady.  I edge the panel with gold embossing and a dark green matt to match the first card.




Catch you on Sunday!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team