Monday 5 November 2018

Pastel Baubles

Hello and happy Monday to you :)

Every year I like to create a card design that I can reproduce quite easily for a 
good chunk of my seasonal cards and I think I've found this years design......


I love traditional reds and Greens for Christmas but I also have a soft spot for pastels too.

I started these by cutting two 4½" square panels and the same size pieces in copy paper too for the masks. I used a circle die to cut the aperture in both masks (running them through together means the masks are identical). I then used removable tape runner to attach them to the card panels and lightly sponged Altenew's Morning Frost just around the inside edge of the mask.


With the masks still in place, I used Flora & Fauna stamps to add the bird and foliage using 
Mama Elephant pigment inks in Blush, Winter, Brown Sugar and Dark Storm.
 I used the same colours for both and just changed up the arrangement instead...


It doesn't show in the photos but I used some old metallic inks in my stash to add shimmer to the berries by using a stylus to apply the ink. The mini bow is a die from Waffleflower and it's such a sweet size and very easy to assemble... to finish off the bauble look I added a hanging hoop.

I'm so pleased with how they turned out and love the soft colour palette too.

     

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Jenny! I haven't quite decided on my main card design for this year yet, must get my ice skates on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team