Tuesday 20 November 2018

Happy Birthday with Alphabet Sets

Although I’m spending most of my crafty time making Christmas cards these days, I still need birthday cards too. Today I’m sharing a simple design that would be easy to create multiples of, if needed.


I began by stamping the large cake image from MFT Happy Hippos. I coloured it some alcohol markers, then cut it out. I used a white gel pen to add some decoration to the cake, just to give some more interest to the image.

On a piece of white card, I draw with pencil lightly around a circle die. This is to help me with placing the letters for my sentiment around the cake image.




I used the MFT Birdie Brown Alphabet & Numbers stamp set to create my sentiment (they have a standalone die set too, if you prefer that to stamping). A stamp positioner really helped me with this step, as I could better space the letters before stamping.

I stamped the images with an embossing ink, then embossed them with gold embossing powder. I also added a couple of gold stars, which I found in the Avery Elle Bunting stamp set.



I adhered the panel to my card base, then attached the cake image to the centre with foam tape.
I love the clean and simple look of this card. The most tricky part was positioning the letters for stamping, but once they are on a stamp positioner, you could quickly and easily make a few cards at the same time.



One last thing to mention, this is another example of how to use the extra images in your stamp sets, which just happens to be the SHC VIPS facebook challenge for November. Don't forget to join in!

Have a lovely day,
Gemma

MFT Happy Hippos
MFT Birdie Brown Alphabet
Avery Elle Bunting



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team