Friday 16 November 2018

What no stamps?

I've got a couple of cards to share today both featuring animals and made without a single stamp!  I love to stamp, but I do love die cutting too and sometimes that's all you need to make really cute cards.


First of all I made a Christmas card with the adorable penguin treat holder die from Neat and Tangled.  Whilst this guy is designed to hold a little treat as in these examples from the Neat and Tangled DT so he has extra long wings that can be folded over his treat.


However, with a bit of die surgery you can trim the wings so he works perfectly as a standalone character too.  Just follow the slit line on his wing up to his neck and glue the wings behind his head et-voila on perfect penguin!


I dressed him up with glittery accessories using the Lawn Fawn Woodland Critter Huggers Winter Add-on Dies and the bow that comes with him and then popped him on a background made by die cutting the Fa La La Cover Plate from white layered over red card stock.

Next up I needed a thank you card for a pig fan so the Mama Elephant release yesterday was perfectly timed!   I created a super cute pig using the Favor Bag Acessory Piggie Die just cutting the elements from white card I had inked up with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide and then ink blending a little Victorian Velvet around the edges before layering him up with pinflair gel so I could get some dimension to his ears and trotters.


To place him in a scene I added some ink blended grass using Shabby Shutters over an element die cut using Avery Elle's Picket Fence set.  The fence itself is from Wplus9's Fence Border Die and all finished with a glittery sentiment spelt out with Lawn Fawn's Finley's ABCs

Hope that inspires you to get your dies out and create some stamp free cards!

Catch you Sunday

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team