Wednesday 21 November 2018

Tropical Thanks

Hello, Tallie here. I'm taking a break from the festive crafts and posting a tropical thank you card today. These cards were made with two stamp sets, two dies and six ink cubes and can easily be customised to any particular colour scheme.


For the mostly-green design, I started out with a white A6 card panel. I stamped out three of the leaves in the Avery Elle Tropics stamp set with some Lawn Fawn Mini Ink Cubes in Noble Fur, Cilantro, Jalapeno and Freshly Cut Grass, sticking to darker colours for the outlines and lighter colours in the background. Layering up the stamps gives the impression of depth and a tropical forest was what I was aiming for! The outlines are really easy to line up with the solid stamps.

For the more flowery design, I started by stamping out the flowers in some Carrot and Sunflower ink so they would be evenly arranged across the panel. I chose some of the more tropical fern-like leaves for this card.


Once dry, I used the MFT Big Thanks die to cut out the word from the centre of the panel. I cut some additional letters from some white card stock so I could stack them and raise the word 'thanks' up from the panel. I added some Glossy Accents to help differentiate it from the background.


I finished up the cards by white heat embossing the sentiment from the Reveal Wheel Sentiments set onto a black banner cut with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner.

A great way to say thank you!

Thanks for reading. I'll be back with some more festive inspiration next week.

Tallie


  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team