Saturday 17 November 2018

Wooly Winter

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today's card features the super cute sheeps of Mama Elephant's Wooly Winter. I made a more untraditional card in images and colours.


I started by stamping three of the sheeps and some accessoires, colouring them using coloured pencils and fussy cutting them out (there are coordinating dies available). For the sheeps I chose warm greys and decided to go with reds and pinks for the rest of the details.

These colours determine the colours of the background. Therefore I used Distress Oxide Inks in Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar for the inkblending. I also stamped snowflakes using Hickory Smoke that I took from the Sets W Plus 9's Folk Art Flurries and Avery Elle's Snow Much Fun.


From the background I created I die cut My Favourite Things' Stitched Dome Frames. I die cut it a second time from warm grey cardstock matching the sheeps. That one I adhered to the cardbase using dimensional adhesive. The inner piece I glued down flat.

I arranged the sheeps in the frame and added a sentiment by die cutting the word Merry from W Plus 9's Hand lettered Holidays several times and stacking them up. I also added a tiny Christmas from Lawn Fawn Say What? Christmas Critters.

I also stamped some snowflakes on the cardbase and that finished up my card!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team