Saturday 19 January 2019

Birthday Fishes

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have a no line coloring fish birthday card for you! What medium do you use for no line coloring? I tend to reach for coloured pencils when I do this technique. In fact I never used another medium, I think.



For this card I used the stamp set Gill Friends by My Favorite Things. I stamped some of the fishes with My Favorite Things' Grout Gray Dye Ink which is a very light ink. Then I coloured with pencils, and added a lot of shading to define the shapes. The eyes I drew with a black gel pen and added some highlights with a white one.

For the background I ink blended some Distress Oxide ink on white cardstock. I used Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Blue Print Sketch and Black Soot. To create the bubbles I drew circles with only water and dabbed it away very carefully after a little bit of waiting.


I wanted to have a little bit of underwater plants. But I don't have that kind of dies in my stash so I had to improvise. If you believe it or not but these plants are Flora & Fauna's Holiday Foliage. I die cut it from several scraps of green cardstock.

I also stamped the sentiment in black direct on the cardbase - thanks to my stamping tool.
Then I assembled the card.

So let me know which medium you prefer for no line colouring! I really would like to know!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni


       



2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team