Friday 25 January 2019

Turning with Stencils

I know a lot crafters don't have a stamping platform so find using Concord and 9th turnabout stamps a little tricky (whilst they were designed to be used with a platform they can be used with a large block but it is trickier without a platform tool to mange the turns smoothly)  This doesn't apply however to the turnabout stencils - they are super easy - all you need it a bit of tape and a sharpie!   So today I've taken their new Faceted Turnabout Stencil for a spin and made a couple of fun cards from one 6x6 square.


To start, I took the all over pattern stencil from the set of 2 and labelled each edge A, B, C, D with a sharpie.  This just makes it easier to remember which "turn" you are on when you ink it up.

I used a little washi tape to hold it in place and then inked it up with distress oxides in Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough.  I then left it to dry fully and for the 4th turned inked it up with versamark so I could add gold embossing powder as my final colour in the pattern.

I then cut the 6x6 inch piece into two so I could make 2 6x4 cards from it.   For the first I used it to create a frame to "hang" my planter die cut from which comes from our new range of dies from Sizzix.  I die cut an oval and then added a black matt to the edges.  For the Hanging Planter I die cut it from white and then used the same oxide inks to colour the plant and die cut the plant pot again from a scrap of patterned paper.



I had a small strip left plus the oval from the die cut so I used those to create card number two - as my colours reminded me of camouflage I went for something with a more masculine feel so just opted for a bold sentiment as my focal using the Neat and Tangled Awesome die cut from the oval waste and with the matching die used to cut a black matt.


I cut the remaining strip of pattern in half to make a strip at the top and bottom of the card along with a thin black strip to tie it all together.  The remaining (wonky!) sentiment was stamped using Elle's Alphas which is really useful miniature font for stamping in tight spots.

Hope that shows you how much you can get out of the stencils!

As we're out of the office for a couple of days, I'll be back on Monday with another project and Jenny will be filling in for me on Sunday.

Catch you later

Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team