Monday 14 January 2019

Hoppy Birthday

Hello hello, Jenny here again to start another week off and today I have an interactive card to share. I've had these MFT Toad-ally Awesome stamps for a while and decided it was time to ink them up for a fun birthday card.....



To make the interactive part of this card I used the Let's Toast Pull Tab die from Lawn Fawn.... it fits perfectly on the back of Mr Toad! I followed the instructions on the product video from Lawn Fawn although I actually cut mine onto the card front but if you want to hide the mechanism I suggest you use a separate card panel.


To make the pond cross section, I simply used two deep strips of blue vellum and adhered two of the toads between them. I 'free styled' the sides and bottom of the pond to help create the scene and they also hide the foam tape holding the vellum off the card front so the jumping frog can move easily. 


I made my punny sentiment using the Mini Well Connected alpha from MFT .... hehe aren't they just the cutest peeking out of the water. I love how the pull tab mechanism doesn't show and is easy to assemble.... I think you could probably cut it down a bit to fit behind slightly smaller images too.

         

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, I love it! The vellum-for-water-idea is great, will definitely "steal" that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Your card :D Makes me happy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team