Monday 7 January 2019

Embossed Thank You


Hello and Happy New Year :)

Jennie here and I'm easing myself back into crafting.... I didn't have chance to craft at all over the holiday period and we all know what happens when you get back to creating.... Mr Mojo needs tempting back and things don't always go as planned 😉

So I decided to keep it simple and use the Triple Step Thank you from Concord & 9th along 
with the coordinating dies to give some dimension with dry embossing..


You can see on this photo how the stamped area is raised up ...


To make this card I first stamped out the sentiment in three colours of Hero Arts dye ink and added darker ink along the base of the letters for a ombre gradient. I used the dies to cut a mask which I placed over the lettering and then used the Warp Speed stencil from Altenew with MFT Sno Cone ink for a background.


For the embossing I used the die to cut three pieces from 300gsm card and glued them together with dry adhesive. I used  the torch on my phone to act as a light source to shine through the card stock so I was able to line the die cuts up with the stamping. Washi tape held it in place as I ran it through my Big Shot .... tab 1 and with an embossing mat under the card front. 


I love how it turned out.... its a large simple shape which works well for this technique 
and just gives that bit of extra interest to a CAS design . 
Why not give it a try with stamps and dies in your own collection.



  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team