Sunday 13 January 2019

New Year Birthday

My birthday card making mission continues today to ensure I have cards for all the new year birthdays in my life and for this one, I am using a new year stamp to boot.


I used Newton's New Year and stamped him onto the circle that comes out of the middle of the MFT Happy Birthday Circle die so that I could ensure the image would fit in the sentiment circle.  I used 3 shades of oxide inks and a small make-up blending brush to get a graduated shading effect to the sentiment after die cutting.

I coloured newton with kuretake kurecolor alcohol markers, which as we can no longer get Kuretake in the UK, have been reduced by 50% in our clearance section if you're looking for a bargain.  To get some realism on the bottle I added some tiny touches of gold foil to the bottle using gold gilding flakes.



The textured square was created using the new Diagonal Stitched Cover Panel die from Reverse confetti but after the first cut I did a quarter turn of my paper and ran it back through the machine to get a different pattern.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

This week we will have the following:

Stamping Bella's boxing day release
Mama Elephant's January release (Tuesday)

The following are shipping on Monday so should be here by the end of the week (shipping and customs willing):

Concord and 9th
Newton's Nook
Neat & Tangled

That's all for today - catch you later

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team