Wednesday 16 January 2019

Metallic Wedding

Hello, Tallie here and today I'm tackling a couple of wedding themed cards. This is one category of cards I really struggle to get good inspiration for and my challenge to myself for this year is to go outside my comfort zone. That and my usual resolution to use my older supplies before buying more!

I chose Avery Elle's Love is in the Air stamp set as the basis - great timing because this stamp set is on sale in the SHC shop right now! I paired the set with some metallic inks and a Lawn Fawn sentiment to make two different variations in gold and silver.



I stamped out the solid hearts from the set using first gold and then silver metallic pigment ink onto some A6 top-folding white card bases.



I then made a mini-scene using the birds and heart string and fussy cut them out. I also stamped and die cut a coordinating 'congrats' sentiment using the Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words set.



I adhered these directly to the background panels and added some Wink of Stella in gold and silver to the mini-scenes.



A little bit of coordinating twine finished off the cards. I think this design would also work perfectly for anniversary or engagement cards.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team