Monday 3 June 2019

Dad's Lovely Legs

Ehh??...Dad's Lovely Legs ??!! 
What I'm talking about are two of the new Lovely Legs Stamp 
sets for Dads from Colorado Craft Company which are geared up for Fathers Day but 
of course you can use them for any male relative or friend and for any occasion too...


I have used PolyChrome Pencils to colour the Chillin & Grillin image then used a blending 
brush and distress inks to give the image a 70's Polaroid style filter and cut a frame 
to turn it into a photograph. I cut a slot into a piece of coloured card so I could
 tuck the corner into it as you would a photo album and added Best Ever Dad 
from Waffleflower's Be Him Sentiments.



This card features the Tee-Rific legs of the golfer which I have watercoloured
 using Distress Inks. I wanted to get the effect of light and shadow on his trousers 
using a few different shades of blues.... it was a lesson in learning when to stop and put 
the paintbrush down and leaving it to dry, something I'm not good at doing 😉


I had fun making the dark blue plaid on the card base using the Concord & 9th Happy Plaids 
set. The base colour was navy card and I used a dark navy ink and white pigment ink to
 make the plaid... perfect for any golfer 😊


Don't think of these as just for Fathers or indeed Father's Day... by mixing them with other 
sentiment sets or alphabet stamps you can change them up quite easily.

   

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team