Thursday 6 June 2019

Neat & Tangled - Piece of Cake birthday card



Hello everyone!
I'm so happy and honoured to be here as a member of this amazing design team. 
Today I got this super fun card for you - made with Neat & Tangled Piece of Cake stamp set. 





My first step was to stamp this huge cake image with Versafine Onyx Black ink on to a watercolour paper, cut to be slightly smaller than my card base. I also added a few smaller confetti-like pieces around the main image, to fill up the empty space. 



I love this set, the size and design are perfect to practise colouring with any medium. I chose Distress Markers in bright colours. I wanted my cake to appear slightly dramatic, with lots of contrast between darkest and lighter areas. I also added water splatters and shadow behind my main image to add more dimension and interest to this otherwise very simple and flat design.   





After my colouring was done, I added Glossy Accents to all the confetti pieces, candle and each of the hats, as well as details with a white gel pen. 
My last step was to stamp sentiment included in this set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and adhere the card panel to light grey card base with foam tape. 


 


All stamps used in today's post can be found over at sevenhillscrafts.co.uk 


Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment below and tell us if you like my card.
I will be back next Thursday with another project.
See you soon! 
Anna

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team