Saturday 1 June 2019

Happy Father's Day

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Last Thursday was Father's Day over here in Germany. I made this card for my dad that you could easily change into a birthday card by chosing a different sentiment. The set I used for this card is called Lovie Friends by Lil'Inker Designs. It is full of sweet, a little bit quirky critters but not too cute for male cards.



I started by stamping the panda onto a piece of watercolour cardstock in a very light grey ink. I tried this new to me no line colouring technique that I learned from Kristina Werner.
For this stamp set there are coordinating dies available.


I cut down a piece of white cardstock to a narrow rectangle. To create the sky I die cut a cloud from Mama Elephant's Stitched Sky. I used it as a mask and added ink blending over it. I turned it in every direction and used it from both sides to get variation on the clouds.
For the ground I also used some darker grey ink for the ink blending.
The sentiment came from Reverse Confetti's Whole Lotta Happy - it is on sale right now.

I added the rectangle to a panel of striped paper in black and white and then I adhered it to the card base. That finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


      


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team