Saturday 8 June 2019

Set of Mini Cards

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Recently I got this super cute Spring Pals Stamps Set by Reverse Confetti from some very sweet crafty friends of mine. They gave it to me because I couldn't stop raving about the cutest duck in the set. But when I held the set in my hands I fell in love with the other awesome critters in the set.
I decided to give them all some love and make a mini set of cards.


I started by stamping all the images with an alcohol marker friendly ink onto white paper and colouring them with alcohol marker, nothing fancy, these small images don't need a lot of shading. For cutting these images out there are coordinating dies available for this set.



For the backgrounds I die cut four times one of My Favorite Things' Inside & Out Stitched Square. I added some ink blending with Distress Inks but only to the corners where I wanted the animal to sit. Then I matted the squares all with a piece of black cardstock to make the colours pop.


To give the critters something to sit or to stand on I added a stripe of black and white striped paper to all of the panels. The sentiments came from several sets: Mama Elephant's Wishful Taggins and Mini Messages and W Plus 9's Hand Lettered Hello.


On two cards I stamped the sentiment onto the panel using my favorite black ink for sentiments: Versafine Onyx Black Ink. On the other two I stamped the words in Versamark on black cardstock and heat embossed it in white.


Then I adhered the panels to square cards.
Do you make sets of cards? Or always one at a time?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team