Friday 21 June 2019

We Go Together Like Movies and Popcorn Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

Movies and popcorn, is there a better pairing? In my opinion it's not a 'real' trip to the cinema if you don't have some, and a movie night at home just isn't the same if you aren't snuggled up together on the sofa sharing a big box of freshly made popcorn!

The Popcorn Stencil from Newton's Nook is a perfect design for the movie buff (or popcorn lover)! I've had an idea in my head since I laid eyes on it, and couldn't wait to give it a go:


I love how this turned out! Looks almost good enough to eat, right?!


I started by building up a few layers of popcorn with my stencil, using ink, mist, and even a Nuvo Jewel Drop to add different colours and interest. I rotated the stencil each time so each layer could peek through. This was only the background part and was pretty much covered up by the top layers but it still added some interest to what would otherwise be a plain white base!


Next came the actual idea itself - embossing paste! I started with adding a drop of yellow reinker to some paste and mixing it to a lovely cream, then laying down my first dimensional layer of popcorn. Now comes the trick - applying heat with a heat gun or heat tool puffs the paste up so it looks just like popcorn! I sprinkled a little gold glitter over some of the popcorn for added texture and interest!

I added my second layer in the same way, adding white popcorn this time. I added some fine splatter from a brown reinker to add a little attitude, before starting on my sentiment.


I used the sentiment from the Newton's Movie Night stamp set, stamping the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink. I trimmed the sentiment into a movie ticket shape - so cool! I added red stripes to the the layer of cardstock behind the ticket - I used some skinny washi tape to mask the stripes then swiped the Versafine Clair ink in the Glamorous colourway to create the stripes! Both pieces were added to the card base using dimensional glue gel for some variable height from the base.


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team