Sunday 16 June 2019

Panda Crossing

Hi guys, I'm back in my usual slot today, still lots to sort but time to try and get a bit of normality back.  Thank you so much to everyone who has taken time to leave a message or send me a beautiful card, I really do appreciate all your kind thoughts.

So back to today, I really couldn't wait to get my hands on one of the latest "little agenda" sets from Mama Elephant today - Pandamonium, one of their early stamp sets has been a constant best seller, so when they brought out a little agenda version of Pandas, we knew they were going to run out of the door fast.


On my version, I've decided to have the Panda's balancing on a birch tree to cross a ravine - I do love how many of them look like they are balancing on one leg so giving them a balance beam seemed a natural choice.

I picked 5 of the pandas, stamped and coloured with copic markers and die cut them with the co-ordinating dies.  I used the dies to die cut the same card twice more for each panda shape so I could stack them and give some depth without using foam as I wanted to suspend them in mid-air.

To get the suspended look, I stuck the coloured panda's on top of the birch tree (also coloured with copics using pointillism to get the feel of the peeling bark) where I wanted them to stand and then turned the tree over so I could stack the other two die cuts behind the tree lining them up from behind.  This means you have 2 layers behind the tree and one on top.

To keep them away from the card, I also stacked the frame in the same way.  I die cut the stitched detail frame from the Pegworks die set from Kiwi cardstock 3 times and adhered the ends of tree behind the top layer and then stacked the other two behind.   This means when you stick the frame and pandas to the card they sit away from the background but won't crush in the mail as all the elements are nice and solid.


For the card itself, I just blended a blue background with tumbled glass distress oxide ink and sprayed with water for an soft effect.   I went with a sentiment to match the Chinese look of the bears as it sounded to me like something you'd get in a fortune cookie.  It came from the Birthday Messages stamp set also by Mama Elephant.







NEWS FROM THE STORE

We're still playing catch up on ordering new releases so sorry to those of you who are still waiting for the Altenew release to arrive.  They have another die release coming up this month of standalone dies so everything will be coming together with that hopefully next week.

The restock of Waffle Flower's Water Media Mats is due to arrive tomorrow customs willing.

A massive delivery from Hero Arts arrived late on Friday so we'll be working our way through that this week and will get it online as quickly as we can.

We are also expecting our delivery of the brand new Stazon Pigment ink pads this week.

There are going to be ongoing appointments I have to attend to sort out my mother's estate and we will be closed for the funeral (date as yet to be confirmed) but we will post updates on Facebook and here to keep you all in the loop as to when we won't be around.

Catch you next week

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team