Monday 11 February 2019

Flowers for Mum

I'm getting ahead of myself today with a Mother's Day card but these beautiful 
wildflowers could be for any occasion. I've used the new Sizzix Wildflower Stems dies,
I couldn't resist these detailed dies which come to life when you add colour....


I've cut the stems from Smooth Bristol card but any watercolour card could be used. 
I left the die-cuts in place whilst I watercoloured, them very loosely I might add. I dabbed 
and swiped the paint onto the wildflowers and left the layers to dry partially before adding
 more intense colours and shades.... not worrying about the hard edges between layers.


As you can see from the above shot it's not a neat style which I love about the design.... 
even the yellow paint running on the daisy head looks fab :)

When the pieces were dry I removed them carefully from the cardstock and then 
arranged them on a card base which had been treated with paints splatters.
I used wet glue to adhere the stems but they are not stuck completely so the 
raised edges give that bit of dimension needed


The sentiment is from Avery Elle's So Happy.... I think the 
handwritten font is a perfect match for this arty design.

  
Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card! Love everything about it: the loose colouring, the splatters in the background and the font and style of the sentiment! Perfection! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning!
    Absolutely love what you did to transform those dies.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning effect and different way I have seen these dies coloured. I love the splats of colour and the background.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team