Saturday 9 February 2019

Out Of This World

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today's cards come from outer space.


I didn't really have an idea when I started these cards. So I just began colouring these images from Lawn Fawn's Out Of This World and Beam Me Up. I used alcohol marker and fussy cut the images.

I had enough images for two cards. So when the colouring was finished I created two backgrounds using watercolours. There are a lot of tutorials for making space backgrounds using various mediums. What I learned is that you have to keep going. In the beginning it always looks like a hot mess but in the end - especially after adding white splatters - most of the times it turns out good.


The backgrounds were quiet busy so I decided to use a trick I learned from a crafty friend: I added a layer of thin vellum. It tones down the background and makes it more subtle.


I decided to go with a square card because I wanted to use Lawn Fawn's Reverse Stitched Scalloped Square Windows. I die cut the second biggest from black cardstock.


For one of the cards I heat embossed the sentiment on coloured cardstock and cut it into thin strips. On the other card I stamped the first part of the sentiment directly onto the vellum. The second part I stamped in the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by and havea crafty weekend.
Anni


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team