Friday 22 February 2019

Gate Friends

I've got a fun friendship card to share today using stamps from Newton's Nook and papers from Lawn Fawn, behind a gate from Mama Elephant.


I started with the gates and the background so I could hide the parts of the gate that stick to the card front.  I cut a panel of pretty blue speckled paper from the new lawn fawn spiffy speckles paper pad.

The gates themselves are just cut using the new Mama Elephant gatefold x fence die twice and turning one upside down so you get a left and right gate.

To create the background scene I used more of the papers to add grass using the new mushroom border die also from Lawn Fawn and then added a sun using an older die from Lil' Inker Designs.

For the puppy pals themselves, I just coloured them with alcohol markers - a mix of Altenew (grey dog) and copics for the spotty one, and cut them with the co-ordinating die.

I added a couple of bits of twine so I could close the gates before posting - and as I used card to hide the gates, the card itself can still be opened as normal too for writing inside.



The closed gates hide the surprise inside so it's a fun way to add an extra dimension to your cards.

Catch you on Sunday - I'm off to pack more Lawn Fawn orders now!

Tara

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team