Monday 25 November 2019

Advent Boxes

It's just a week to go before the opening of advent calendars gets underway and this is 
one I made last year actually, using the Triangle Box die from Neat and Tangled. 
I think the die sold out quickly last year before I could share it so I'm getting it ready 
for Sunday and thought I'd show you...


I used an old 12 x 12 Christmas Paper collection to cut 25 boxes from, that way I knew they'd 
all look pleasing together. The boxes come together quite quickly and then I used double sided
 tape to assemble them into the triangle shape....


I have used a wide strip of jute to wrap around the whole triangle shape which adds to 
stability and also gives a lovely finish. I used the small triangles in the set to cut card and 
vellum which are layered for the numbers..... the numbers are heat embossed in gold or 
white using the Lawn Fawn Celebration Countdown Stamp set.


The boxes either open up or down and are a perfect size for a small chocolate.
I used a small loop of twine attached behind the numbers to help opening the doors, 
I also had to add a loop of twine to the top so I could hang it up which helps
 with stability when fully laden! 😉

Now I best getting adding the chocolates!!

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x






1 comment:

  1. beautiful but too much work for me - but so in awe of this

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team