Wednesday 27 November 2019

Colouring Christmas Cards: Avery Elle Christmas Kids

Hello, crafters. Tallie here and I'm back with a simple design for those last minute Christmas cards. Just in case anyone is panicking that we have less than a month till Santa! Stamps like the Avery Elle Christmas Kids set are perfect for these type of scene cards. I have two versions of this card with slightly different backgrounds for you, depending on how much effort you want to put into the colouring.



I started out by stamping the large stamp from the Avery Elle Christmas Kids set onto some blending card stock using some MFT Extreme Black ink. I stamped the corresponding sentiment underneath the scene at the same time, though depending on how much of a scene you want to do, you may want to stamp this towards the end as sometimes the ink can smudge if you're using markers with lots of colourless blender in them.



I then took out my alcohol markers and coloured the scene in. I stuck to bright, Christmassy colours as I knew the background would be lighter.

For the backgrounds, the first I simply created some ground and shadows using a couple of light blue markers. For the second, I added a sky as well as the ground, using a colourless blender marker to fade the marker into the white card panel. A little white gel pen adds the finishing touch of snow!



This type of design is perfect for stamping out a bunch and then sitting in front of the TV and just colouring away!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week!

Tallie



2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team