Saturday 9 November 2019

Little Gifts for Crafty Friends

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Last weekend I went to a crafty retreat with some of my best crafty friends. We meet once a year and everytime it is so much fun, days full of laughter and hugs and crafty talks. And of course we do a LITTLE bit of alibi crafting.
One of the highlights of the weekend is always when we exchange the little gifts we bring along. As this year Halloween was on the same weekend I went with a ghost and night scene.



I started by making envelopes from white cardstock. Before I glued them together I added some ink blending using Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot. Doing this on 30 envelopes gave me quite a work out and my biceps grew, I can tell you.
I masked off a circle to create a moon and a night sky.

Then I stamped all the ghosts from Mama Elephant's Little Boo Agenda a few times to decorate the envelopes. There are two "teams" in our group: Team turqoise and team pink. So I coloured the ghosts accordingly. For the few husbands that came along I went with green. To cut out the images there are coordinating dies available.


The ghosts looked a little lost on the envelopes so I decided to add some border landscape die cuts. I chose Sugar Pea Designs' Homescape Sugar Cuts, Lawn Fawn's Mushroom Border, Meadow Borders and Grassy Hillside and My Favorite Things' Scenic Safari and die cut them from black cardstock.

The right sentiment for the envelopes I found in Lawn Fawn's Monster Mash. I stamped it 30 times on pink, turqoise and green cardstock, cut it into stripes with fishtail banners.

Do you go to crafty retreats? Do you have only online crafty friends or did you meet them in real life?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team