Wednesday 6 November 2019

Peace, Love and Joy Reindeer Scenes

Hello, Tallie here with some more Christmas inspiration.

It's an MFT week for me and at first I thought I was going to have to bin these backgrounds before they ever made it to a card base. Sometimes, you just have to keep going and it turns out okay in the end! I used three different MFT products: Peace, Love and Joy stencil, Reindeer Games stamp set and the Bitty Holiday Wishes sentiments.



I started out by inking some Versamark ink over the MFT Peace, Love and Joy stencil onto a white card panel. For the first one, I tried not taping it down to my surface whilst inking and I didn't get a very good impression on the card - this one I actually used for the second card presented further below. For my second try, I used some washi tape to fix the stencil and panel down to my surface, carefully making sure the ink covered all the stencil. I then clear heat embossed it using some Lawn Fawn Clear Embossing Powder. The end result was not completely perfect, but I liked the distressed-not-perfect look I ended up with.

I used my favourite winter sky Distress Ink combination to blend on some ink: Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.



For the focal images, I stamped out the reindeer, trees and cardinal from the Reindeer Games stamp set. I coloured these in with my alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I popped these up with some foam tape and layered them over a simple die cut circle (this happened to be the centre of a Merry Christmas Circle Frame but any circle die will work) in the centre of the background panel.

The sentiments were stamped from the MFT Bitty Holiday Wishes set with some VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, clear heat embossed and cut into small strips. A little foam tape makes them stand out from the background panel underneath the main focal images.


I turned the first, almost-failed panel into another card. So a lesson for me today - don't give up before you at least try it out!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team