Saturday 16 November 2019

We Wish You Merry Christmas

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Do you go with traditional colours when you make Christmas cards? Or do you like to make different things beside green, red, silver and gold. I like both but I often tend to reach to untraditional colour combos making Christmas cards.


With this card I started colouring these super cute bears from Mama Elephant's Fuzzy Hugs and I had no idea in my mind what card I make with it. For the colouring I used coloured pencils, my favourite colouring medium. To cut out the image there are coodinating dies available.

Then I decided to go with a Christmas card with these sweet bears although you could send them to a friend who needs a hug or just sending warm winter wishes.


I created a background using Distress Oxide inks matching the colours I used for the hat and the pullover. I decided to use shades of reds and oranges although this could get creepy - I always can't stop thinking of blood when I have too much red on card. Is it just me?
I toned down the edges with a dark red to give the scene kind of a frame. When the ink blending was finished I added splashes of water and watered down white gesso to the background.

When the background was dry I cut it out using Lawn Fawn's Zig Zag Rectangle Stackables (they are on sale right now). I also cut a scrap of white cardstock with the same die and cut a snowy hill out of it. On that piece I stamped the sentiment that I found in Mama Elephant's Holiday Messages. All there was left to do was to assemble the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


   

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team